Facts and stats
Facts, statistics and figures about Christchurch City.
- Latitude: 43° Mins, 48 Secs South
- Longitude: 172° 37 Mins, 13 Secs East.
- East Coast, South Island, New Zealand
- Area: Christchurch City: 45,240 Hectares
New Zealand’s resident population is over 4 million people (4,367,079). The population of Christchurch is 348,400. (Source: Statistics New Zealand)
Christchurch has a mild climate. The beautiful New Brighton and Sumner beaches are a very popular way to cool off and relax over the summer, while winter sees locals heading to the hills to enjoy some of the great ski fields! Summer in New Zealand runs from December through February and Winter from June through August.
- Mean Daily Maximum: Jan 22.5 °C, July 11.3 °C
- Mean Temperature: 12.1°C
- Mean Daily Minimum: Jan 12.2°C, July 1.9°C
- Mean Annual Maximum: 32°C
- Mean Annual Minimum: -4°C
- Mean average bright sunshine: 2,100 hours per annum
- Average rain days: 1mm or more; 85 per annum
- Average annual rainfall: 648 mm
- Manufacturing – 30,136
- Retail Trade – 27,051
- Accommodation, Cafes and Restaurants – 11,542
- Property and Business Services – 32,900
- Health and Community Services – 23,307
- Construction – 17,130
- Wholesale trade – 15,109
- Education – 13,051
- Other – 36,059
- All New Zealand cities and towns have excellent public water supplies
- Tap (faucet) water is fresh and safe to drink.
- English and Maori are the two official spoken languages of New Zealand.
- English is the predominantly spoken language.
- Wuhan, People’s Republic of China
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Christchurch, England
- Kurashiki, Japan
- Seattle, USA
- Province of Gansu, Peoples Republic of China
- Songpa-Gu, South Korea